Ted Edwards

Readers, Some time ago we had an elderly gentleman that followed RCM named Ted Edwards. He was from Canada, and very wise. Any idea what became of him? I haven't heard a peep from him in at least two years, maybe more.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

It's been well over 2 years since Ted was participating regularly, Harold.

He's a very sharp guy, and well skilled in machining, among other talents.

Like so many others that no longer stop by RCM, I miss having more folks commenting on metalworking topics daily.

Hell, I even thought you'd disappeared for a while, but you're still checkin' in.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Someone else thats not been posting here for some time Thats Ed Huntress. Hope all is well with him. Ted in Dorset UK.

Reply to
Ted Frater

I swapped eMail with Ed a few days ago. He told me that all is well. He became frustrated with the amount of off topic traffic and decided his time was better spent doing other things.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Pete Albrecht is another one who's presence is missed.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

That's funny! Ed FED most of the off-topic traffic. He just couldn't take what he was dishing out.

Reply to
CaveLamb

Didn't those two constantly go at it? I seem to recall Albrecht hating offshore stuff, and Ted constantly defending the capabilities of his 3-in-1.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Don't remember that particular conflict, but I remember Pete's thoughts on import stuff.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Ed and I had an altercation and I plonked him so I haven't heard from him since. Sometimes he was rational even in disagreement, sometimes not. I hold no ill will and regret exchanging venomous remarks, I'm sometimes above that, but not always...there ARE lines that should never be crossed, even among the diametrically opposed.

Reply to
LibtardStupid

I shouldn't have spoken for Ed, because generic 'off topic' traffic wasn't ever a problem. It was the incessant political and religious blather that he found tiresome. As do I.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Ed did tend to bite on too many trolls. I've been very guilty of that myself. I'm darn quick with the ignore thread key now. Left Right, I really don't care. I might agree with you but I'm doing my best to just stay out of it. Gun stuff, well it is metal related :)

I've chatted with Ed recently also, he was in good spirits and we actually talked about a metalworking topic amongst other things.

I keep hoping he comes back, he is well versed on many things and darn good at pointing to sources of information. Besides, I think he is a rather nice guy. A bit passionate at times but many of us are.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I'm Glad that he is well.

But, I do miss my daily fix of cogent argument and coherent sentences.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

I had precisely that experience and took that same action.

-- Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have him as a friend on Facebook. Look him up.

Reply to
cavelamb

You're the one that convinced me to plonk the trolls and leftists! Life on Usenet is MUCH better without the likes of them. Now that the left lost Congress BIG time, their posts (the few I see) smack of desperation, disjointed thinking and venom. Ed was one of the most venomous when he wanted to be and took it to a personal level. It seems that leftists are incapable of debate and devolve when they aren't able to refute facts, they go into personal attack mode rather than admit they are wrong. Oh well, they SHOULD crawl back under their rocks now that it's apparent that Libtardopia is a total failure.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I looked forward to reading Ed's posts because I knew that I would be entertained and a little more educated if I read carefully. Ed is one of the good ones, for sure.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Oh?

I hadn't noticed.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Thanks, WB. Yeah, I check in as time allows, but the quality of posts has really been compromised. Way too many dick size contests that aren't worth the time it takes to avoid them.

Ted was brilliant----taught me something I'll likely never forget. We were talking about ancient man, and I was commenting on some of their accomplishments, wondering how they figured out the things they did. His comment was that man has always been intelligent. True! Just lacking in experiences. We tend to stand on the shoulders of those that went before us.

Harold

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

But I still see your posts to them under one monicker or another, silly wabbit. STOP THAT!

The only problem is that none of them realizes this, continuing to rationalize every facet of libtard life. Amazing. My poor family still loves The Chosen One, though my sister acks knowing nothing of politics nor delving into ANY research to prove that her savior is actually doing anything the libs & media say he is. Farkin' unreal. And the new REPs don't really seem to be following their word so far, either. I hope Issa (from my old neck of the LoCal woods) keeps his word and nixes _some_ gov't waste.

-- Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sure, just keep shutting out everyone who doesn't agree with you. Soon you'll be left alone, talking to yourself.

Reply to
rangerssuck