PSE Green (was GE Little Joe colors)

My trolling for "PSE Green" suggestions obviously failed :)

The only suggestion regarding PSE Green I can come up with is to contact Warren Wing. He lives just south of Seattle in Allentown and has a huge collection of Pacific Northwest railroading photos. He has published at least three books from his photo collection that I'm aware of. He may have a website--- I don't know his phone number. But I would think if anyone has a photo or can describe the shade of green used by PSE, it would be Warren. He's getting up there in years but the last I heard he was living in the same house he was in when we interviewed him several years ago.

(to reply remove Boeing jet from address) ______________ C. Marin Faure Seattle, Washington

Reply to
C. Marin Faure

Thanks for the reply. I saw one of Mr. Wing's presentations on the PSE ("Puget Sound Electric"- the old Seattle-Tacoma interurban, for those trying to decipher the acronym) a few years ago. I wish I'd asked him about the color then.

He doesn't seem to have a published phone number. He's listed in a few of those people search service databases, but they charge a fee for the info. They all list his age as approximately 87. So he may have actually seen PSE trains in operation and remembers the color first hand. When I saw him, he didn't look nearly old enough to have been around back when the PSE was running.

Well, I hope he's doing well, and I'll try to contact him via one of the ] historical societies he has connections with.

Thanks again- if you ever get any TT Milwaukee boxcabs, maybe our trains can meet in a model of 1920's Renton :)

Dale

Reply to
Dale