We are poor little lambs, who have lost our way, baa baa ... baa ...

Well more of the brainwashing that the left has done upon the youth of our country ... started with the communists of the 30s, then the beat nicks of the 50s ... then the hippies of the 60s, and now the college kids of the 100s ... nice, that a man like Pappy, isn't alive to see this left-winged crap of today. Instead of being a hero, he is now a "rich white guy" murderer on his Washington campus ... very sad indeed .=2E. here is the link:

BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS Students reject honor to 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' hero Member of Marines not 'sort of person UW wanted to produce'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD-----

1:00 a.m. Eastern

=A9 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Lt. Col. Gregory "Pappy" Boyington during World War II (Photo: National

Archives) The University of Washington's student senate rejected a memorial for alumnus Gregory "Pappy" Boyington of "Black Sheep Squadron" fame amid concerns a military hero who shot down enemy planes was not the right kind of person to represent the school.

Student senator Jill Edwards, according to minutes of the student government's meeting last week, said she "didn't believe a member of the Marine Corps was an example of the sort of person UW wanted to produce."

Ashley Miller, another senator, argued "many monuments at UW already commemorate rich white men."

Senate member Karl Smith amended the resolution to eliminate a clause that said Boyington "was credited with destroying 26 enemy aircraft, tying the record for most aircraft destroyed by a pilot in American Uniform," for which he was awarded the Navy Cross.

Smith, according to the minutes, said "the resolution should commend Colonel Boyington's service, not his killing of others."

The senate's decision was reported first by Seattle radio talk-host Kirby Wilbur of KVI, whose listeners were "absolutely incensed," according to producer Matt Haver.

Brent Ludeman, president of the university's College Republicans, told WND in an e-mail the decision "reflects poorly on the university."

"Pappy Boyington went beyond the call of duty to serve and protect this

country - he simply deserves better," Ludeman said. "Just last year, the university erected a memorial to diversity. Why can't we do the same for Pappy Boyington and others who have defended our country?"

The resolution points out Boyington, a student at the UW from 1930-34, served as a combat pilot in the 1st Squadron, American Volunteer Group

- the "Flying Tigers of China" - and later as a Marine Corps combat pilot in charge of Marine Fighting Squadron 214, "The Black Sheep Squadron."

Along with the Navy Cross, Boyington was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Franklin D. Roosevelt for his heroism. He was shot down and spent 20 months in a Japanese prisoner-of-war camp.

The resolution says, "Be it resolved ... [t]hat we consider Col. Gregory Boyington, United States Marine Corps, to be a prime example of

the excellence that this university represents and strives to impart upon its students, and, That we desire for a memorial for Col. Boyington be commenced by the University of Washington by 11 January

2008, the twentieth anniversary of his death, which will be publicly displayed, so that all who come here in future years will know that the

University of Washington produced one of this country's bravest men, and that we as a community hold this fact in the highest esteem."

Commenting on the decision, a blogger who says he met Boyington on numerous occasions at a museum and air show over the years noted the famous flyer "was no rich boy," having grown up in a struggling family in which he was forced to work hard to make it through school. The blogger, who hosts the website Paradosis, also pointed out Boyington was part Sioux.

Boyington was open about his marital problems and alcohol abuse, saying

notably, "Just name a hero and I'll prove he's a bum."

The blogger wondered, "have our Washington youth revised history so much as this? To compare Boyington - or for that matter any of our WW2 vets - to murderers? What are these kids being taught today? They don't deserve those 20 months Pappy spent being tortured and beaten in a Japanese prison camp ... they don't deserve any of what our grandfathers and grandmothers sacrificed to free Europe and the Pacific."

Boyington wrote a book in 1958 that reached the best-seller list, "Baa Baa, Black Sheep." In 1976, he sold rights to Universal, which aired a TV series for two seasons of the same name.

Boyington, who died Jan. 11, 1988, is buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

Reply to
lunarlos

Oh god! We aren't going to start this one over again are we?

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

--snippage--

we been through this one; go back to dejanews to read it.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Not if WE stop responding!

Reply to
frank

Amen. Nothing like a little ground swell of public discord to get the back pedalling set into motion. Growing pains - we all go thru it I guess. Ya better believe some of these kids will learn to temper their jaw muscles a bit in the future. The rest can look forward to long careers at CBS News or Disney - where neither have much to do with reality.

At least this time around we didn't have to suffer the sight of a spoiled Hollywood celeb standing on a Pakistani mountain top trading smiles with Osama while glad handing an AK for the benefit of the Al Jazeera fungi.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Believe what you want to believe... but no way is that an hour of debate shown there. What was said that wasn't reported... I wasn't there so I don't know.

Were you??

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

No, I was not....but one Miss Jill Edwards *was*. And read HER OWN WORDS regarding the event:

"Senate this week was interesting. I talked more than I ever have before and realized exactly why I never talk. I apparently upset a lot of people when I opposed a memorial for a Colonel from WWII who had recieved a Medal of Honor and who was a UW graduate. This was the main discussion and rather than go into it, I think I would rather post some of the charming and sweet letters I have recieved since then."

She admits that the controversy was about HER OWN WORDS regarding " *a* Colonel from WWII ". Her wording suggests that she was completely uninformed as to just who Boyington was, and mouthed off against him, without even bothering to do any research (that *is* the college student way, after all). HER OWN WORDS also state "This was the main discussion...". Now, the gullible might buy into the revisionism CYA bulls_it, but not I, after all...these are college students...people who lack common sense and respect for "all that is good". Remember, they are *students*...therefore

*not* to be considered full, mature adults. They are still going through life figuratively wearing a "Trainee" badge upon their chests. They have not earned the luxury of being taken seriously, nor of being granted a role in any significant decision making.
Reply to
Greg Heilers

That's sarcasm isn't it? I don't believe for a second those are her words. Boortz' website like the Daily Show, but less funny... grins

---Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

If those aren't her words being attributed to her name I would think she's got one 'helluva' good case for a libel or slander suit (whichever is appropriate). Nothing about that website struck me as being deserving of parody protection, but I'm nobody's lawyer either.

Which reminds me - whatever happened to Mark Schynert our resident RMS legal eagle? He hasn't posted in a very long time. The S*k*rsky spooks didn't get him did they?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Slander is spoken; libel printed. I tend to agree; if those aren't direct quotes, Boortz ought to be checking on his tort claims deductible.

Don't know. But I know one thing: there's a black helicopter out there with each of our names on it - at least as long as we have this president.

-- C.R. Krieger (Closing the curtains)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger