Re: Monk shot at Edwards AFB-

It's definitely tongue firmly in cheek- pretty good show. The test pilot (ex astronaut) drips right stuff from every pore.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Aren't they all?

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I got an MP3 where the lyrics of ""Cause I'm a Cowboy" have been switched to "'cause I'm a Pilot, and I only care about me...I don't care if I bring your jet back, Code 2 or Code 3..."...hilarious.

Reply to
Rufus

Yesssss "Monk" is one of my Favorite Shows to catch on T.V. 'cause I think I myself have a little bit of OCD as well.

One of the First things I noticed in the hanger were the F-16s as well as that F-22 sitting in there just as Big as Life.

I thought it was just So very KewL.too never thought it was shot at Edwards.

Yeah , the part of the Pilot was a real piece of work. It really is a very good show. Both him and the Police Captain do a Great job of playing off each other

On Friday Night you'll find me watching Both StarGates and then Monk as well.

... cyberborg .........

,,

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

Didn't Randy "Duke" Cunningham have the right stuff...he just got eight years for stealing big time from the public trust.

Reply to
old hoodoo

Yep - he was the first politican ever caught with his hand in the cookie jar. At least you'd think he was from the press and pundit coverage.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I just read an article on the things he was doing. He must have been a little nuts, he was so blatant about it all. Business cards with a list of the kickbacks required for various size government contracts?? I have heard over the years that hero he may have been but most who knew him thought he was a real big ego. What's that old saw: "Excessive pride goeth before a fall"?

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Proverbs chapter 16, verse 18: "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

Reply to
Andrew Chaplin

Many years ago the Armed Forces Journal (which had a monthly humor page) had a bit on "twenty ways to tell an ape from a fighter pilot". It was great- can't seem to find my copy at the moment, but fits right in with the topic.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Sounds a little like what the late Gregory Boyington used to say; "Show me a hero and I'll show you a bum"! Seriously, not all heroes are flawed personalities like Cunningham. The Gentleman who just passed away down in Georgia is an example. Robert L. Scott was a Gent to the end. Some people can handle a certain amount of celebrity with grace and maturity and some can't. It's that simple.

Bill shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"Bill Woodier" wrote in news:ueednVoyufrNwpbZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Suicide is technically homicide I guess. So yeah.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Ian MacLure

Reply to
Steve R.

|Don Stauffer wrote: |> |> Many years ago the Armed Forces Journal (which had a monthly humor page) |> had a bit on "twenty ways to tell an ape from a fighter pilot". It was |> great- can't seem to find my copy at the moment, but fits right in with |> the topic. | |Sounds a little like what the late Gregory Boyington used to say; |"Show me a hero and I'll show you a bum"! |Seriously, not all heroes are flawed personalities like Cunningham. |The Gentleman who just passed away down in Georgia is an example. Robert |L. Scott was a Gent to the end. Some people can handle a certain amount |of celebrity with grace and maturity and some can't. It's that simple. | | Bill shuey

There is a certain level of arrogance that fighter pilots have, call it the right stuff. Many fighter jocks do make mistakes outside the cockpit.

Cunningham was in congress too long. Given the power that he had, with a fighter pilots lack of fear, and you have problems.

Now the typical democrat in congress is just a jerk lawyer who does not give a rats ass about the people....

Reply to
Shmaryahu b. Chanoch

|>>Didn't Randy "Duke" Cunningham have the right stuff...he just got eight |>>years for stealing big time from the public trust. |> |> |> Yep - he was the first politican ever caught with his hand in the cookie |> jar. |> At least you'd think he was from the press and pundit coverage. |> |> WmB |> |> | |Actually he was given the highest sentence ever given out to a |congressman I think for this kind of thing. FED time is hard time too.

No, he will be in some country club prison used for VIP prisoners. And most state prisons are hell holes compared with the federal system. Most State prisons use torture as a regular means of prisoner control. The soldiers at Abu Gharb prison were all state prison guards which is where they learned their techniques.

Reply to
Shmaryahu b. Chanoch

I met him once...can't say I was impressed.

Reply to
Rufus

"Over Victor...two's blind"...

Yup...dat's dem.