Opinions about AMT XB 70

I just got thie AMT 1/72 scale XB70A-1 Limited Edition kit this weekend.
Has anyone built it and/or has any opinions about it.
Any reference sites or aftermarket stuff?
TIA
N.O.Y.F.B.
Reply to
N.O.Y.F.B.
I have XB-70 kit and am nearly finished it. I have a love/hate relationship with this model. Great subject, but be prepared for a lot of putty and sanding. Watch out for the fit around the rear engine nozzles especially. Use epoxy to join the fuselage to the wing as I used tube cement and it broke apart at the joint during handling. It's that heavy.
I don't think there's any aftermarket and frankly you can't see much inside the front office anyway. I am building mine in flight and have mounted it on a stand. I think it certainly looks impressive and it is a big model, even in 1/72 scale.
I would love to try and convert the kit to the ill-fated XB-70A-2. She was the bird that was really Mach three capable. Increased dihedral of the main wing section is the most obvious modification.
Hope this helps, Gene DiGennaro Baltimore, Md.
Reply to
Gene DiGennaro
check out building report of the AMT XB-70 kit at
Meindert
Reply to
Meindert
(Tongue firmly in cheek) It's the best 1/72 XB70 out there..!
Reply to
MadNurseGaz