Any AMT car kit experts out there?

I have a 1/24? scale model GO Kart kit. I believe it was part of an AMT Pick Up kit from the 50's. Anyone know something about it or the real thing?

Thanks, Mike West/Lone Star Models

Reply to
Mike West

The Go-Kart was part of the AMT 1963 Ford Pickup issue. Believe it was called the Bonneville, based on a real go-cart from the late 50's. The AMT 1963 Chevy Pickup had a model of a Triumph motorcycle included. The 1961 and 1962 issues had a trailer included.

Reply to
engineprep

Wasn't the go-kart also sold in one of those AMT packages that also had engines, chromework and other costomizing bits? I remember a bunch of them from when I was a kid, back when we still had mammoths running loose.

Reply to
The Old Man

you had mammoths? we just had those pissy raptors to ride to school.

Reply to
someone

They may have appeared in Parts Packs but they also came 1 piece at a time in most of the annual car kits. I have a few odd pieces that came in various kits. If you didn't buy one of everything offered that year you never finished the go-cart unless you could trade with others for those parts.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"The Old Man" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

That's why we dont' have them any more, the mammoths that is :-)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

on 5/31/2007 5:37 AM Uffe Bærentsen said the following:

They are still around, and you can get one for yourself. Every once in a while I see an ad that states "Mammoth Sale". :-)

Reply to
willshak

Mastodons, OTOH, are very rare. I think the last ones worked for the railroads. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller