Identification of Old Model Kit

I was going through my model stash and found an old armor kit that I am curious about. It appears to be an M-46 and is wood. It would take a serious modeler to make something of this. It is a "Merco" kit and is 1" to

2.25' scale. Does anyone know anything about this kit? Thanks.
Reply to
John X. Volker

Never heard of it but the scale sounds like it works out to 1/27 which is really bizzare.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

Merco was an early model producer, doing primarily rubber-band and control-line gas powered airplane kits, from the late 40's into the early 1960's. I knew they did some other subjects, also in wood, but never knew just exactly what.

Merco, after leaving the kit business, produced a line of accessories & hardware for R/C planes until the early 70's. My Goldberg Sr. Falcon RC plane (built in 1971, and still flying for it's later owner 25 years later when last I heard) was equipped with a Merco spinner on its Enya .45 when I completed it.

Art Anderson

Reply to
EmilA1944