Has anyone built the "N Scale Model Railroad That Grows" layout??

Hi All! I am just wondering if anyone has built the layout from the book "N Scale Model Railroad That Grows" by Kent Wood and Ric Laban.
I am thinking of building this layout, and was just curious if anyone else has.
If so, does anyone have any pics they would be willing to share? It is always nice to get other ideas about a layout!!!
Thanks!!
Michael Brigham
Add pictures here
✖
Michael Brigham wrote: I am just wondering if anyone has built the layout from the book "N Scale Model Railroad That Grows" by Kent Wood and Ric Laban. I am thinking of building this layout, and was just curious if anyone else has. If so, does anyone have any pics they would be willing to share? It is always nice to get other ideas about a layout!!! ------------------------------------------------ "N Scale Model Railroad That Grows" is one of my favorite books. The layout appears to be a really "fun" layout to construct and enjoy. Of course, my railroad is a fun project, too.<g>
Good luck with your railroad! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
I recommend this book to anyone planning a layout in any scale. It has a lot of good ideas and shows that one can enjoy building a layout.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,000 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
Add pictures here
✖
Yes, up to a point. Have all the flat-land portion built, only partly sceniced. Life has thrown some other things at me that put the further construction on the sidelines for now.
I feel it is a good project for a first layout, or for someone without room for something more permanent. Construction of the base is quick and easy, and it's so darn light! I've learned a lot from what I've done so far, lessons that I hope to be able to put to good use soon.
There are a few things to look out for in building this plan, but they're fairly minor.
Val
***************************
Hi All! I am just wondering if anyone has built the layout from the book "N Scale Model Railroad That Grows" by Kent Wood and Ric Laban.
I am thinking of building this layout, and was just curious if anyone else has.
If so, does anyone have any pics they would be willing to share? It is always nice to get other ideas about a layout!!!
Thanks!!
Michael Brigham
Add pictures here
✖
Hi! Thanks for the replies! As luck would have it, during my latest trip to the hobby shop, I ran into a guy who is also building this layout and he game me some ideas as well!!! I hope to start work on it within the next week or so.
Thanks again! Michael

Add pictures here
✖
Michael Brigham wrote: Hi! Thanks for the replies! As luck would have it, during my latest trip to the hobby shop, I ran into a guy who is also building this layout and he game me some ideas as well!!! I hope to start work on it within the next week or so. ----------------------------------------------------
Good luck! Let us know how things work out.