Looking for PhotoShop N scale layout templates...

I'm in the process of creating my switch control board for my layout and not having an artistic gene in my body and having stated at photoshop for the last house, I was wondering what people use to create the switch layout controls for their layouts? I was wondering if there were any templates of switches and track in the public domain which I might be able to use. The switch layout in the track plan book has all the switches in a single row which can be hard to remember what switch goes to what part of the track. I wanted to do something with my layout superimposed behind the switches to give a clearer view of their functions.

As usual, thank you in advance for any ideas you could send my way! Thank you!

--Scott

Reply to
Scott

KTØT wrote: > Here's a panel on a computer terminal - scroll down to CTC Panel and enlarge > it. >

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

Scott, can I suggest that you make your own templates? If you have PhotoShop, and access to a scanner, it is a very simple matter to scan the actual switch itself, and then import the scanned image into Pshop, clean it up, and save it in whatever format suits you best. It won't require any artistic skill, but will enable you to produce a very neat looking and legible panel.

All the best,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

=>I'm in the process of creating my switch control board for my layout and not =>having an artistic gene in my body and having stated at photoshop for the =>last house, I was wondering what people use to create the switch layout =>controls for their layouts? I was wondering if there were any templates of =>switches and track in the public domain which I might be able to use. The =>switch layout in the track plan book has all the switches in a single row =>which can be hard to remember what switch goes to what part of the track. I =>wanted to do something with my layout superimposed behind the switches to =>give a clearer view of their functions. =>

=>As usual, thank you in advance for any ideas you could send my way! =>Thank you! =>--Scott

May I suggest that you buy one of those books that covers the construction of a complete layout? It will show you how to make a control panel that does exactly what you want. You don't need to be "artistic," and you don't need Photoshop. Just a ruler, a pencil, some drafting tape. some masonite (tm), a drill, and paint.

Photoshop to draw a control panel layout - that's like using buying a 747 so you can deliver a birthday card. :-)

HTH and Have Fun!

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Not necessarily - if he already has PhotoShop and is proficient using it, it would be a simple task to create a control panel graphic.

And if you have already got the 747, why walk?

Reply to
Mark Newton