Templates et al

I'm revisiting my templates and am kind of wondering how others are migrating their templates as SolidWorks evolves.

In the past I had a bevy of part templates set up for the different materials I commonly use. With the advent of the Material manager this is rather redundant, so I'm wondering what types of part templates do y'all use. I could see a different one for different units (fractional, decimal, SAE, Metric, etc) but not much else. You can tell I haven't thought much about this, so I'm throwing it out for opinions.

There is less of an issue for assemblies as I currently only have two assembly templates (one decimal, one fractional) but I've got a slew of drawing templates and that's not likely to change.

Reply to
Chris Dubea

I have templates for metric and inch units for parts and assemblies. I have templates for drawings with different sheet sizes. I don't use any for materials. I have thought of having a different template for large assemblies, to keep the various settings separate from small assemblies. I've heard of people using different templates for sheet metal parts, which makes some sense.

Reply to
matt

Thanks. As I don't do any large assemblies this would pertain to me. The sheet metal template makes sense as well, but luckily I don't deal much with sheet metal.

Reply to
cdubea