How to create and USE custom drawing templates?

Hi,

I'm sure this is an oft repeated chestnut, but I've google'd the groups without finding the answer.

Basically, when I have a part modelled and I click the "Create drawing from part" button, I want SW to use drawing templates that I have customised. These will be one of A1, A2, A3 or A4 almost exclusively. I also want to set the scales, I almost always use 1:1.

I also want to choose from them if I start a drawing from scratch.

My efforts so far have failed in several ways among them:

Firstly, my saved as template customised ones don't seem to exist as far as SW is concerned, when I do "drawing from part". Secondly, when editing the custom version, I put in some text (for the comapny name) into a blank box that was suitable. I did some other editing elsewhere in the drawing outline, and looked again and that text was gone. I was like WTF? I edited properties or something else, and it was back. What's going on here?

Reply to
Steve

Once you create your templates, you need to put them in a central place. Then go to Tools>Options, and then under file locations in the system options, you need to specify where those files are located. Simply select Document templates from the pull down, then do a browse, and direct it to where your new templates are.

This will allow you to choose which template to use whether or not you do a "create from" or a brand spankin' new drawing. Hope this helps.

mrcswp

Reply to
mrcswp