Getting Model Data into Standard SW2007 Titleblock?

How does one go about getting Model Data such as mass/weight into a Standard SolidWorks 2007 Titleblock? From what I can gather, Titleblock attributes seem to be pointing to Drawing Data. I would like to have information automatically entered into the Titleblock.

I'm an Inventor user and a SolidWorks newbie.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to
Jim Strenk

See SW Help: Link to property

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

You have to put custom properties in the part model. Then you can link text attributes in your drawing templates back to the part model that you are detailing. When editing your text there is an icon in the text dialog where the feature manager was that looks like a hand with a chain link below it. This allows you to specify what and where you want the text link to come from.

This way would only work with one detail per sheet. Otherwise you would have to use custom properties in the drawing to populate the title blocks.