Unable to select Third Angle Projections when selecting Model Views

I have set the display setting to 3rd Angle Projection, however when in the drawing module and selecting a model view(s) the graphical display on the left side of the screen is showing 1st Angle Projections. I've done some fooling around and on several occations thought that it changed to 3rd Angle, but the graphical interface still shows 1st Angle Projections with asterisks attached to names.

I want to see in this order view selections AS EXPECTED FOR 3RD ANGLE PROJECTION:

TOP REAR LEFT FRONT RIGHT BOTTOM

What I actually see is:

BOTTOM* RIGHT* FRONT* LEFT* REAR* TOP*

What setting must I adjust to see 3rd Angle Projections for Drawings as the default settings?

I am using SolidWorks 2007 SP1.01, XP Professional. I'm a newbie to SolidWorks.

Any tips or suggestions would be most appreciated!

Reply to
Jim Strenk

adspeed

Thank you Adam, for the speedy reply. Your suggestion was the trick to solve this problem.

Gee, I would have thought that this problem should be addressed through the Tools/Options Pull Down Menu. There is a setting within that area specifically for setting 1st or 3rd Angle Projections. It would appear however, regardless of how it's set, it doesn't affect SW 2007's actual drawing settings.

Adam's suggestion requires changing the sheet's property for Projection directly after creation. Once set, then save the drawing as a template drawing. Next time you use that particular template to create a sheet, the "correct" Projection will be used.

I also found it strange that the default template was set for ISO/metric even though the software is restricted to be used here in the U.S. and not for export.

Was this issue addressed in SW 2008? If not, it should have been.

Reply to
Jim Strenk

There is? Where is it? When you posted this I drove myself nuts trying to find the setting in Tools/Options.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Tools, Options, System Options Tab. Display/Selection allows you to toggle between 1st Angle and 3rd Angle Projection. This is where I had the mistaken belief that changing to 3rd Angle would get picked-up within the Drawing Environment. Sadly, it does not. Once in the Drawing Environment, you change the Sheet's Property to 3rd Angle Projection.

Seem rather silly to have a system option not getting picked up in the Drawing Environment! I hope this got fixed in SolidWorks 2008.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Strenk