Exploded Views

Hi All, I hope you can help me with this problem. How do you explode Sub Assemblies within an Assembly. Can't see a way of doing this although I know it must be possible. SW2006 SP5.1 Thanks in advance ... Roger

Reply to
Alphadraw

When you say Explode, do you maybe mean Dissolve? If so, RMB on the sub in the tree and pick Dissolve Sub-assy there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

No I mean explode, pull the assembly apart to identify all the parts! in a

*.SLDDWR. I can explode the assembly OK but the sub assemblies it contains stay together and I want to explode these as well within the main assembly.

Hope that is clearer :-) Roger

Reply to
Alphadraw

I don't use exploded assy's. but my guess would be that you need to create an exploded config of the sub and then . Or, at the bottom of the PM I see a box to check that says Select sub-assembly's parts. Just a guess, though.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

It's the second guess. I use that option on a regular basis. Selecting the components from the tree will also work.

In addition to that, I oftern create explodes in the subassembly, then use the option "re-use subassembly's explode steps". Explodes in the top level assembly can get very bogged down on larger assemblies, so it can save time. Also, If I ever re-use the subassembly, I already have the explode steps.

Reply to
Dale Dunn