FN FAL gun drafting ?

In a book on this gun it mentions "first angle projection drawing" for the metric version and then "third angle projection drawings" for the imperial version. I've never seen these terms used before and would like to know exactly what they mean if someone is familiar with them. I also wonder what happened to he second angle? tnx

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

In the US, drawings are done in 3rd angle projection. This means that if you draw two views, say one above the other, the one above is the view of the object from the top looking down. A view drawn to the right is the view of the object when looking from the right side.

1st angle projection is the opposite - the view above is actually the bottom view, because they rotate the object the opposite way.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

See the Wikipedia article on Orthographic projection at , or any good drafting textbook.

Reply to
none

Thanks for the info, I took drafting back in the early 60s but forgot because I never did any. But now some of it pops back.

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik