FILE NAME

Does any one know how I can link the file name to the part number in the custom properties of the part? I tries $prp "file name" with no success. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Stew

GO TIGERS

Reply to
thestew

$PRP:"SW-File Name"

caps sensitive

Reply to
That70sTick

Thanks alot. One more thing. How do I link things in the drawings? Is it $PRPSHEET: ? thanks a lot

Reply to
thestew

Yes. Using $PRPSHEET: instead of $PRP: in a drawing note links properties in to the model. As I recall, it also works with custom properties.

Reply to
That70sTick

Is there any means of manipulating strings like with commands such as LEFT$() or STR$() so that the part number could be (say) the first 6 characters of the filename, and without the suffix?

John H

Reply to
John H

Sort of...

If you have config-specific properties, you can put them into a design table. Then you can create a second property that uses Excel string functions in its design table entry.

Reply to
That70sTick

Thanks for the suggestion. I've never yet used design tables. Is there a performance or file size overhead involved?

John H

Reply to
John H