Re: Material Name and Properties in SW parts

In SolidWorks, there is no way to lock these all together. The only to ensure you have the material, density, hatch pattern, color, etc... are synchronized is to always use a reliable macro to edit this information.

Here is an example of a macro that will do the job:

This is a macro that provides a quick and consistent method for changing the material properties of a SolidWorks part model. Once your preferred materials, densities, patterns and colors are entered into the external data file, the data is used by the macro to provide a simple interface for changing the material properties of the SolidWorks part model. This macro ensures the part densities, hatch pattern and model color, based on the material selected, are consistent with definitions that exist in the external data file.

There is no way to prevent users from changing this information via Tools | Options. Getting all users to use the same macro and procedures would be the only way to ensure you get the results you need.

Lenny

How can I get the assigned material name to appear in the part file, and > it's properties to be associated with that material name. I know I can go > into custom properties and assign each indiviually, but I want to KNOW that > by reading the material name I have the correct properties. > > Ken > >
Reply to
Leonard Kikstra

If you are on subscription -- download SW2004 pre-release and check out the new material database.

Len

Reply to
Len K. Mar