Re: Drawing problem: Section view not allowed

I figured it out. You're not allowed to section a configuration that has been exploded within the assembly file. Why they didn't say "Cannot create a section view from an exploded assembly configuration" is beyond me. Why you can't section an exploded assembly configuration is also beyond me.

Here's a new one to me. I have a drawing with a number of views > already existing. These views come from a variety of files. I have > recently designed a new variety of the assembly shown, which is saved > in a different file (i.e. it is not a configuration). I'd like to > show a section view of this assembly so I first enter a "front" named > view. When I start the section view tool and draw the section line I > get the following error: > > Cannot create a section view from a "Detail" view > > Since this is a named view, something is amiss. I get the same error > in a fresh drawing too, so it seems to be linked to the assembly file. > Any ideas? Anyone else seen this?
Reply to
Mickey Reilley