Selecting in section view question

I'm sure I didn't always have this issue. Having sectioned an assembly
I then want to select a surface within the sectioned assembly. To
clarify - not selecting the cut face but another surface 'through' the
section plane. Why can't I do it?? All that seems to happens is that I
highlight the section plane.
If I rotate the view so I can come at the required surface from behind
it's selectable.
Flint
Reply to
Flynt