section view edges

Hello

Imagine a diecast box with bosses that stick up through the circuit board trhough holes in the circuit board. The shape of a couple of the bosses has to change to let the mold flow better, so now the shape of two of the holes in the PCB have to change. I set a section view in the assembly at the PCB bottom face height, so it "trims" off the bosses. I want to offset (in the plane) the trimmed edge of the boss and have it provide the clearance hole in the PCB. I thought I could set a new sketch at the cut plane- I know I can't use the actual cut face- so I used a plane the same height as the bottom of the PCB. I select the edges of the cut-off bosses and try to "convert entities" so I can use these in my new sketch, but it won't let me. I tried one segment at a time, and selecting the whole chain one after another.

Am I way off here? Can someone please point me in the correct direction?

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
Bill Chernoff

Bill,

One way to convert edges on a cut plane is to insert a sketch on the cut plane, choose Tools, Sketch Tools, Intersection Curve. Once you have converted the plane-surface curves you can convert to construction geometry and then offset the construction geometry directly. This will remain parametric as long as the surface/body to plane segments remain contiguous.

Reply to
MJS

Thanks very much. I'm going to try that in the morning. Bill

Reply to
Bill Chernoff