Axis creation - An easier way?

Be gentle with me, I'm coming from many years of Pro/E.

I've got some parts with slots cut in them. I need to show the centerlines of the slots in the drawings. But, since they aren't true circles, they don't have centerlines which are at the center of the slots. They have a pair of centerlines, one for each round end.

I'd like to have just one at the true center of each slot. I've been drawing them in on the drawing views, but it seems rather time consuming.

In Pro/E, you can place an "axis point" in a sketch in the part and it will show up as an axis in the part or drawing. This would perfectly fit my needs.

Does anyone know of a SW equivalent that I'm missing.

I'm using 2005, SP 4.

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
CADaholic

That70sTick

While making the slot sketch on part, make sure you sketch a point to the centre of the slot. After cutting, select the point and normal plane to that point and with those you can create axis that you can use in your drawings and also on a assembly for mating for example a screw on it...

Reply to
Kvick

How about highlight the 2 slot edges then hit the "centerline " icon. It will place a centerline along the center of the slot or any other 2 edges you pick.

Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

"Michael Eckstein" a écrit dans le message de news: IIx1f.1553$ snipped-for-privacy@fe07.lga...

I do not know that "centerline " icon. Are we supposed to have it in SW2004?

Reply to
Jean Marc

I think it came in 2005

Mike Eckstein