PWorks Question: section view

Greets all, I'm trying to render a product who's outer shell has been cut open to reveal the squishy bits inside.

I suppress all the internal bits, cut the external shell in assembly mode, resolve the internals -- and I have my "stylized" section view.

However, I'd like to change the color of the thin sections created by the cut. Much like "Section View" turns the cut section blue.

I can't seem to change the color, though, of only the new faces. PW applies the change to the entire part, not just the face I select. I attempted to work around this with decals -- but its a nightmare that way.

Suggestions? Hope my description is clear enough.

-Tony

Reply to
post

Greets all, I'm trying to render a product who's outer shell has been cut open to reveal the squishy bits inside.

I suppress all the internal bits, cut the external shell in assembly mode, resolve the internals -- and I have my "stylized" section view.

However, I'd like to change the color of the thin sections created by the cut. Much like "Section View" turns the cut section blue.

I can't seem to change the color, though, of only the new faces. PW applies the change to the entire part, not just the face I select. I attempted to work around this with decals -- but its a nightmare that way.

Suggestions? Hope my description is clear enough.

-Tony

Reply to
post

Reply to
Shawn Applegate

This may be due to the fact that it is an assembly cut. Try making a configuration of your shell where you make the cut on the part, then use that configuration in the assembly you want to show with the cut. That should allow you to change the colors of the faces in the part.

Jerry Steiger