Section arrows on a broken view

Bug maybe?

Ok so my first general view is a long part with 4 breaks in it. (front plane as front, top plane as top)

I created a projected view to the left and made it a section view (through the right plane)

then I "add arrows" to the broken view.

the section arrows are put where the right plane WOULD be if the view wasn't broken.

What gives?

Reply to
Aggrevated

Bug maybe?

Ok so my first general view is a long part with 4 breaks in it. (front plane as front, top plane as top)

I created a projected view to the left and made it a section view (through the right plane)

then I "add arrows" to the broken view.

the section arrows are put where the right plane WOULD be if the view wasn't broken.

What gives? If you're not getting the cross section you think you should be getting, you may have to move the cut plane. And, oh, BTW, never use a default datum for a section cut or a gtol set datum. Always create separate, dedicated datums for cross sections. Most often these will be offset from the default datums and will thus be moveable as they will have an offset dimension. Anyway, if it's just arrow placement, these can be dragged wherever you want them.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

may have to move the cut plane. And, oh, BTW, never use a default datum for a section cut or a gtol set datum. Always create separate, dedicated datums for cross sections. Most often these will be offset from the default datums and will thus be moveable as they will have an offset dimension. Anyway, if it's just arrow placement, these can be dragged wherever you want them.

It wasn't just the arrow placement... the entire cut line was in the wrong place.

I figured it out anyway. when you "add arrows" and select a part of the broken view, the cut line will be placed wrt to that piece. So you actually need to select the piece of the broken view where the arrows will actually be... not just any part of the broken view. I guess it makes sense now, but was irritating for a little bit.

Reply to
Aggrevated