Break Lines in Drawings 2007

Is there an option or way to have the front, top and bottom views break together. The break command must be applied to each of the three views.

And in doing so the related features (holes etc..) in each of the three views are no longer aligned vertically. A drawing is much easier to read if all of the features in each view are still aligned after adding breaks.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

If you break the front view first, and then project it, the projected views are also broken

Reply to
matt

You can also tell it to align the breaks if done later.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Matt, That was too easy

Thanks, Kman

Reply to
Kman

Can you explain in more detail or point me to something in help files.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

You know, I called tech support last week and asked the same question. The fellow I was conversing with scratched his head for ten minutes on this problem and decided it couldn't be done.

I appreciate the help, thanks

Kman

Reply to
Kman

In the menus, Tools, Break Alignment doesn't mean to align the breaks it means to break the alignment between views.

This is the only thing I'm aware of that even sounds like aligning breaks. Even when a broken view is projected, the breaks don't stay aligned.

I don't think any such alignment exists.

Reply to
mjlombard

What I am talking about is "broken views, align with parent" (look it up) which is where you have a projected view that you have created. You then later decide you need to break the views, so you add the breaks. Then you figure that you would prefer to have the breaks line up between the two views, so you go to the properties of the projected view and check the box that says "Align breaks with parent". Wasn't that the question at the start of this thread, or did I misunderstand something?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Is this SW2006 or only SW2007?

Thanks,

EdT

Reply to
Ed

Should have known better than to doubt you. Sure enough. There it is. Pretty obscure place to put it, though.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Reply to
mjlombard

Wayne,

I did a search for the words "break", "alignment", "drawing", "view", "projection" and came up dry. And sure enough searching "properties" + "drawing views" is were the instructions were tucked away.

Thanks for your help!

Kman

Reply to
Kman

It was there in 2006, but I don't remember if 2005 had it or not. I don't still have that loaded so I can't check.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I did not know this feature existed, thanks!

Zander

Kman wrote:

Reply to
Zander

That's exactly the response that keeps all of us doing this - I learn as I help.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany