surfaces hidden by default in 2004 drawings?

Hi all,

Just making a drawing of a fairly simple part this morning that consists of

1 body and 5 surfaces. However, the surfaces do not show in the drawing views by default. I can manually open each view in the FM and toggle show on each individual surface and then it appears in the view.

Is this some new option? I can't find any info on it in the options or help.

Strange indeed.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

I think it has always been this way (at least since 2001+).

I first noticed this when I was using an imported vendor file in my assembly. It came from an iges file that was not able to be fully knit and solidified (without LOTS of work). Thus, when using that import in my assemblies, it would not show up in the drawing unless I manually unhid all the surfaces in the drawing. BIG PIA.

If anyone has a good solution to this, I would love to know.

Reply to
Arlin

Arlin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@News.CIS.DFN.DE:

I actually had to give up with surfaces in this case, because a set of them were mirrored and sw will not allow you to toggle the display of mirrored surfaces in a drawing!

I was forced to add a few surfaces, knit and merge into solid on something than was just a visual preliminary stab at something.

I'm ....'surprised' at this - yes, that's the word, surprised!

Zander

Reply to
Zander

You shouldn't be surprised. Surfaces have always been second-class citizens here in SolidWorksLand. You should be pissed -- yes, that's the word, pissed!

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger