Shaded views in drawings

This is kind of neat, that you can put shaded views on a drawing, but I can't hide all my construction surfaces which are normally on blanked layers. As soon as I turn the display of the view back to No Hidden the unwanted surfaces disappear, but change it back to Shaded and they reappear. Anyone know how to make them go away?

Reply to
graminator

This is kind of neat, that you can put shaded views on a drawing, but I can't hide all my construction surfaces which are normally on blanked layers. As soon as I turn the display of the view back to No Hidden the unwanted surfaces disappear, but change it back to Shaded and they reappear. Anyone know how to make them go away?

That's kind of strange. If you can't see them in the model (with the surfaces on the layer and the layer blanked), how can you see them in the view? You might try hiding by view. In the Layer Tree, click on the arrow to the left of the currently listed model, then pick the view (actually, its border). It's name should appear in the list box. Most of these layers will probably be not hidden. (If all the datum features suddenly show up, hide them all.) Hide the surfaces layer and see if this makes a difference. This is a last resort measure, because, once hidden by layer, they can't be controlled at a higher level. And figuring out that the view is controlled at this level is not an easy or obvious thing.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

on the layer and the layer blanked), how can you see them in the view? You might try hiding by view. In the Layer Tree, click on the arrow to the left of the currently listed model, then pick the view (actually, its border). It's name should appear in the list box. Most of these layers will probably be not hidden. (If all the datum features suddenly show up, hide them all.) Hide the surfaces layer and see if this makes a difference. This is a last resort measure, because, once hidden by layer, they can't be controlled at a higher level. And figuring out that the view is controlled at this level is not an easy or obvious thing.

Thanks, that seems to work, although I'm sure I tried it before....of course when I set it to View Dependant the surfaces become visible again even though they're not supposed to be.

Reply to
graminator