Surfaces and drawings

I am not up to speed on surfaces and how to use them. I usually don't need them. However, a part that I converted from Pro/E to SoildWorks has imported as one complete surface. This works great for creating assemblies (although you can't do interference detection or section views). Now when I insert a view into a drawing, none of the surfaces show up. Are there any tips/tricks to allow surfaces to show up in drawings?

Reply to
pmwh

Insert, Model Items, Surfaces

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote in news:1099311966.899062.259210 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
matt

Also, Run the "import diagnosis", you may be able to do a simple surface patch(fill) and have it knit to solid. See Help.

Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Matt: Thanks for the simple but effective answer

Mike: I have run this "import diagnosis" and foun that it works on simpler parts. However, the part I am working with now has been imported from Pro/E and is a complex casting with a lot of small angles and radii. This SolidWorks tool does not work well in this application.

Reply to
pmwh

You could have the Pro-E Cad jockey tweek up the resolution in the config.pro file and it may help to get the part to solid.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

That's assuming that SW is set to make it a solid. In the Open dialog, when initially opening the translated file, go to the Options button, and make sure "Try forming solid" is turned on.

matt

"Michael Eckstein" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
matt