OT: Printing from Webpage

Hello All,

Sorry for the off topic, but I'm way to stupid to figure this out. When I try to print from a webpage the page is ALWAYS cut off on the right side, even if there is the option to go to a "printer friendly" page. Is there some way to tell my printer to wrap the text so that it doesn't run off the page?

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

You can shrink the window by dragging the corner. BUT before you do that, do a "Print Preview". It's a great tool I use all the time.

Also, set all your margins to "0" and they default to the smallest size your printer will do.

There are also options to print sections of the web page. Experiment with them and preview before printing.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Thanks Mike, but I tried all that.

For example:

Try to print preview this and see if you can get it to not run off the page.

Thanks, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I set to Landscape and it previews fine - no cropping.

Bill

Bill Coleman

That's what I end up doing as well for pages like that.

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Try Edit>select all, then File>print, here is the key select "selection" under Page Range. I use this all the time to just print what I want from a web page instead of all the garbage.

Matthew A. Bush

That's also what I end up doing. But of course I have print 10 page of scrap paper first. I guess it just irritates me that webpage designers can take into account an

8 1/2 X 11 normally margined piece of paper.

Trivial, I know, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

"Muggs" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I do that, and in the print settings, I set 2 pages on 1. I get a portrait print a bit smaller. Of course, it depends on your printer driver.

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

What I've done is to set up a custom page size in Acrobat (12 x 15 works well). I print to a pdf and then let Acrobat scale the page down to fit. A little more work, but good results.

Reply to
VFR