Attn: Keyman, (OFF TOPIC SORRY)

I'm having trouble sending you emails. Every email I send to you bounces back. I can receive emails 'from you' O.K. Maybe your spam filter settings are too high ??. Server settings ??. Been like it for several weeks. Cheers mate.

Reply to
Steve Paris

Ideally you should be getting information from the DSN failed, delivery status notification, that would be helpful for the desired recipient to provide to his mail provider.

That is, if a server is rejecting your server's mail, the receiving server typically tells the sending server the cause for the rejection. That information is typically provided to you the sender client by your provider's sender server. OTOH, Keyman hears/sees nothing of such server rejections by his provider's server and typically as a mailprovider user client he has no control over the receiving server's behavior or filters and can't communicate effectively with his mail provider about a mailitem he never received and never saw. If a server admin needs to whitelist something because the sender's server has a 'bad reputation', he would need to know specifically what is going on.

Most often, there is 'something wrong' with the sender or the sender server IP which causes such goodmail rejections and the something wrong optimally should be corrected/fixed by the admin for the sending server. That is, the fault is typically on your end, not Keyman's server's end.

You didn't say what output server IP address was having the problem, and it isn't possible to guess accurately. Your from address and your connectivity provider have similar output servers, but it is harder to derive an output server than an input or MX server for a domainname.

In addition, sometimes there are problems because the sending address doesn't match the rDNS name of the sending server, such as the name myoffice.net.au doesn't have an SPF txt file and the sending server's name is something.connect.com.au

Reply to
Mike Easter

Thanks Mike for your in depth response, I might just give him a call eh !. :-)

Reply to
Steve Paris

Steve, I am sending you an email after I finish this responce. I have checked and you are not or have never been on my block list.

try to respond to my email and if it bounces back? send an email to snipped-for-privacy@aim.com and put the responce headers in the body of you email, ok

later

Reply to
Key

Steve,

Good to see you back around here, thought we had lost you.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

You seem to be pretty up on IT stuff. How does an email with no apparent recipient information get delivered? Example:

Email body has text and subject but "to" field was blank and there is no recipient info in the headers either as far as I can tell.

Complete headers:

From: admin Subject: ATTENTION: High Water Mark Notification, bytes in the mailbox! Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 01:18:33 -0400 X-NAS-BWL: No match found for '' (90 addresses, 0 domains) X-NAS-Language: English X-NAS-Bayes: #0: 8.79294E-087; #1: 1 X-NAS-Classification: 0 X-NAS-MessageID: 921 X-NAS-Validation: {AC8D94B8-7B3A-4C49-A88D-D6978C4D7265}

Even if the message is sent from the same domain as the email address is on how does the mail server know who it's for with no recipient address?

Reply to
Steve

The answer to this question as stated on top is/ can be/ different from your selected specific example below. An 'external' sender can send an email to your email provider's mailbox for you [your email addy] by having your address in what some people call the 'smtp envelope' which determines the recipients in the 'RCPT TO' smtp transaction. The business about normal mail having a To: or CC: is actually part of the DATA of the smtp transaction.

Commonly you may receive spam or a mailing list mail which doesn't have your address in the To: or CC: and/or it may have some other addressee seen in the To:

That is different from what you are describing below, which is also missing some other elements.

My answer below is presuming that you are correct in your method of copying the complete headers with your mailuser agent.

Your mail provider has the capability of putting an item 'directly' into your mailbox without any of the usual headerlines, such as Received: tracelines or other elements.

Reply to
Mike Easter

Thanks.

Reply to
Steve

G'day Roger. I've been flat out with work, you know how it gets running a business, and trying to be in ten places at once 24/7. To be honest, I got a bit fed up with all the smart assed trolls, and argumentative 'lounge chair' know it all amateur Locksmiths that frequent this NG. Cheers mate.

Reply to
Steve Paris

Message to Keyman. It seems that your server completely blocks out emails from other servers that they receive spam from, so 99.99% of legit emails get bounced. The server I'm with is AAPT which runs through TELSTRA Australia, the No1 service provider in Australia. So it seems that everyone in the USA that subscribes to Comcast, won't be getting any emails from Australia. What a bunch of wankers Comcast are !

Reply to
Steve Paris

If they're going to block something wholesale they should block the RIPE and APNIC assigned ip address blocks. That's where 90% of my spam comes from.

Reply to
Steve

I'll just be glad when all this is cleared up.. Maybe AAPT should get in touch with Comcast and fix the problem ?

Reply to
Key

you are correct .. because the "No1 service provider in Australia" is allowing too much SPAM through their servers.

AAPT should do something to get a handle on the spam being sent through their servers..

AAPT can fix this problem easily but they have to do it. refer to my personal email to you for instructions.

I salute comcast for their spam efforts. I wouldn't call them "wankers"

nothing personal to you Steve. I think ya know that..

Reply to
Key

These days more and more accounts are broadband with static or at least semi static ip addresses. It's hard to justify blocking a whole ip block, despite what I said earlier about RIPE and APNIC when you could block individual ip addresses. If I have to choose between getting less spam and getting my mail I'll take getting my mail and just delete the spam.

Reply to
Steve

I agree... I would gladly use my own filters it they would just send me all my mail. I personally think comcast over done it this time. I have tried to talk to them but its like talking to the wall :-)

Reply to
Key