ready made shop

I seen this eBay auction. http://tinyurl.com/22jgd9
An entire shop. If anybody out there has the $ and is just starting, this
would be a great way to do it. I have no connection with this seller.
Karl
Interesting, I wonder what the reserve is? But Minocqua, WI is certainly a long way from anywhere.
In the same vein, I know of a similar shop with 2 Bridgports, 2 15" lathes (brand unknown), drill press, surface grinder, 2 machinist's benches, LOTS of small tooling that hasn't been used for years. Owner is 80, building is slated for urban renewal, son is just waiting for the old codger to die so he can sell the building off for big bucks. I expect that the tools will get a rush sell for pennies.
Karl Townsend wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:12:34 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, RoyJ

topposting corrected

With a $10k price not even breaking the minimum, that shop is 4x overpriced already, especially for 3 phase. Pass.
--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:58:41 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, RoyJ
Only the topposting jerks, Roy.
--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
I'm to polite to mention the jackasses that bottom post and make me scroll on forever.
Ha!!! FLAME WAR TIME!!!!
Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, in keeping with the purpose and spirit of this board, please retreat to your corners and begin construction of your flame throwers. Choose your seconds, who will be armed with Trebuchets, and in July meet at a central location for the war. I will bring live webcam setup
Stupendous Man
Siphons or electric motors? Period to the greek era, or mutant techno-geek? Napalm or naptha? Overall weight? Machined only, or soldering / welding permissible?
Stupendous Man wrote:

Will a leaky O/A torch with cracked hoses do? Seems to me I'd rather use what is at hand than start from scratch. ;)
Stupendous Man wrote:

If you insist on top posting, please post to another group rather than this one.
<PLONK>
Mark Rand RTFM
Sorry, those of us who make a living dealing with information delivered via e-mail top post.
Mark Rand wrote:

I prefer a top post when it is in response to a thread I am following as I can read the response and not have to trawl through myriad previous posts but I am tending to defer to the concensus which bottom posts and so have to scroll through much useless comment to get to someones minor post.
RoyJ wrote:

Roy, top posting really sucks unless your word is the last word. Not likely on usenet. But then I like people to trim so I'm likely a net na*i (sorry lived in Germany, won't use that word).
Wes
Wes -
Grow up. Give it a break. Top posting was mandatory before you came. It started when news groups were dial in and every byte downloaded was charged. Yea that was the early days of internet.
Bottom lurkers like you are on the 4th or 5th page of posts and often never get read. Not enough snipping to clean out redundant junk. These are replies not every post is the war and peace of a subject.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Wes wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:33:49 -0600, Martin H. Eastburn

Cite, please? Because, I was there, and this claim of "mandatory" strikes of both "wrong", and "unworkable".

Yet, here's a perfect example. You snipped _nothing_ of Wes's post. You answered some of his points in some order but if I now want to follow up to any of your answers, I can't do it with the context of his message, just with your un-referenceable top-posted response.
Wouldn't it be easier to have:

clarification
further comments on second topic
...and so on?
The British ISP people were (Government owned) were charging by the number of bytes transfered. This is like some web site supporters say you can have so many hits then it costs and so many meg upload (pages read) a day before costs kick in. - that was PacBell - now ATT - but was a few years ago. Back in 1999. My web site is still sitting there - they moved off to different servers and forgot to kill my old one. I don't live in PacBell area any more...
The issue was they would download and see the response and then stop the transfer. Life is much easier for us with DSL or cable or Sat speeds - this was in 12, and 2400 baud modems for the Brits.
We were asked and then it was pressed over and over to do it that way. Tools are that way - have to program one way or another.
If someone can't tell who sent what - with the threading or indentions - I think they are not looking.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:49:36 -0600, Martin H. Eastburn

I wasn't disputing the per-byte charge, but the 'mandatory top-posting' claim. Which you made here:

Would you care to address:

Or did you just want to answer questions not asked and avoid those which were?
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:06:39 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes

Given his penchant for useless replies, as seen today, I simply added him to my filter list. No more of his crap for me.
-- Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit. --e e cummings
Top posting works OK if you don't bother quoting any of the previous million characters worth of messages! :-)
Geezlouise! You'd think there would be enough things WORTH getting yer knickers inna twist over, without it boiling down to that...
Cheers Trevor Jones

Depends on if your goal is to presume to be the last word on a topic, or to participate in a discussion.