ready made shop

I seen this eBay auction.

An entire shop. If anybody out there has the $ and is just starting, this would be a great way to do it. I have no connection with this seller.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Interesting, I wonder what the reserve is? But Minocqua, WI is certainly a long way from anywhere.

In the same vein, I know of a similar shop with 2 Bridgports, 2 15" lathes (brand unknown), drill press, surface grinder, 2 machinist's benches, LOTS of small tooling that hasn't been used for years. Owner is

80, build> I seen this eBay auction.
RoyJ

--Wow was that a paper tape reader on the cnc? Takes me back, heh.

Reply to
steamer

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:12:34 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, RoyJ quickly quoth:

topposting corrected

With a $10k price not even breaking the minimum, that shop is 4x overpriced already, especially for 3 phase. Pass.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
RoyJ

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:58:41 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, RoyJ quickly quoth:

Only the topposting jerks, Roy.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well, at least you got that correct... ;-P

Wow, thank you Mr. Negativity... There's a bid in, so someone has at least a passing interest, they might not want to tip their hand now and are planning on sniping it at the end.

And you may be thinking only of the scrap value, not actual resale value of useful equipment. Looks to me like it might be a value at the reserve.

Granted, the description and inventory leaves a LOT to be desired, but it looks to be a decent deal if all the equipment is complete with all the needed accessories, not terribly worn, and under power so someone local could come by and inspect it before bidding and faults can be found. On the other hand, the description could be rather vague and nebulous for a reason...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Reply to
RoyJ

I'm to polite to mention the jackasses that bottom post and make me scroll on forever.

Ha!!! FLAME WAR TIME!!!!

Larry Jaques wrote:

Reply to
RoyJ

Looking at the machines, I agree its a bit over priced. But not all that much if you parted it out a piece at a time, or auctioned it off with about a month of pre auction hype.

The stuff is old, probably tired, but there is some good names there.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Still a fair amount of paper tape still used in todays manufacturing. Generally small shops like this. Even in Southern California, the home of State of The Art (or so its claimed )

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Reply to
Louis Ohland

OK, in keeping with the purpose and spirit of this board, please retreat to your corners and begin construction of your flame throwers. Choose your seconds, who will be armed with Trebuchets, and in July meet at a central location for the war. I will bring live webcam setup

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Reply to
RoyJ

If you insist on top posting, please post to another group rather than this one.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Reply to
RoyJ

Reply to
David Billington

Roy, top posting really sucks unless your word is the last word. Not likely on usenet. But then I like people to trim so I'm likely a net na*i (sorry lived in Germany, won't use that word).

Wes

Reply to
Wes

We have about 7 machines with those. Wonder if they can punch. HUMM.

Wes

Reply to
Wes