long time lurker needs end mill

1.25 or 1.5 (or larger) HSS end mill with .25 corner radius. flute lenth
  1. Inserted cutter wont cut it (UHMW). Need by Wed. morning. Please reply to snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net
Reply to
Scott Henry

make that point.75

Reply to
Scott Henry

Probably a catalog item at MSC Direct or any large machinists supply house. In a pinch I've free hand ground radii on 2 and 4 flute EMs on bench grinders and belt sanders.

Reply to
Steve Monroe

yea, I'm sure we've all done that. Could'nt even find a suitable donor. Shop I'm at now is about the size of the tool crib at my last place.

Reply to
Scott Henry

For cutting plastic, is there a suitable router bit that would work?

Reply to
DT

Don't know. Need a good finish on bottom and sides and radius, all with one cutter.

Reply to
Scott Henry

Any chance you can use a fly cutter with a hand radiused (sp) bit after leaving 1/4" of material on the bottom? Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

I agree with Dennis - I cut UHMW all the time and a router bit will do the best job (use about 6000 RPM)

Eric

Reply to
eric h