Extra, extra, long end mill sought

Looking for some sort of rotary cutter, like an end mill, that is around 6 or 7 inches long, and has at least a 5 inch long cutting area, and here
comes the good bit, it needs to be 6mm dia. We would make a supporting frame for this and the endmill would run in a point on its bottom end.
Another idea is a jigsaw blade that is 6mm thick, but has teeth along 5 inches of its length? if its possible. Google searches find extra long end mills, but not with the full depth cut I need.
The reason for all this, is an aluminium extrusion job which comprises of 2 outer plates with a 6mm gap between them. The gap is maintained by 4 longitudinal ribs. 3 of these ribs need removing each end of the lengths (that are 2.7m long) to a depth of 180mm. A circular saw is no good due to the arc. It would cut through the 4th rib to get the first 3 to depth.
End view of the extrusion is sort of like the effort below. Were not talking about a couple of lengths here, more like 2000
l-l l-l l-l l_l
If anyone knows of such tooling, please advise. Bob
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:06:07 -0000, "Emimec"

Two recip saw blades glued together to give the thiskness?
Tim

http://www.bradtool.co.uk / They'll make any tool you like, costs a lot less than you might think too.

or of course http://www.raynortools.co.uk/ who do a lot of custom tooling.

or of course http://www.raynortools.co.uk/ who do a lot of custom tooling

Got a slotter?
:-)
Mark Rand RTFM

Many Thanks all. I will follow up all the suggestions. Bob

I'm not clear on the machining needed. What are the dimensions of the extrusion? Do you mean the ribs have to be removed for a length of 180mm from each end or is 180mm the depth you need to plunge to to reach the third rib?
--
Dave Baker

PS, what is the thickness of each rib?
--