Southbend bed regrind

A friend of mine* is looking to get a bed regrind for his 9" x 36" Southbend lathe (vintage 1946). Inverted V-bed.
Does anyone know of a reliable company doing bed regrinds, preferably in the SE London/Kent/Surrey/S Essex area?
He is also looking for a screwcutting gearbox for said lathe, if anyone knows of one going spare.
*To whom newsgroups are, to his loss, very much terra incognita.
David
--
David Littlewood

I think boxford gearboxes are interchagable .
All the best.markj

Not in the south east but I have a name and address of:-
Brian Caddy, Unislide Grinding Company Unit 11-12 Aston Park Industrial Aston Road Nuneaton CV11 5EL Warwickshire 0247 634 0068 Mobile 07775683363.
He sounded genuine when I talked to him but I can't say what his work is like as I haven't got around to going to see him yet - yet another project that is awaiting time for it to be done!
There are a couple of active South Bend forums and rec.crafts.metalworking has some South Bend stuff which might be able to help with gearbox info.
John

    As 'older' members of this group will know, I have had work done by Brian Caddy, I think I was one his first 'private' clients after he left the company for which he had worked for many years. He re-ground and rebuilt an Elliott mill for me and I now consider it better than new. He was willing to travel to collect machines and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anybody.

Mark, John, Peter, Chris - many thanks for this, I will pass it on.
Regards,
David
--
David Littlewood

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:12:47 +0000, David Littlewood

Douglas Curtis Machine Tools in Ardleigh, near Colchester can do the regrind. http://www.douglascurtis.co.uk/dcmt.htm
Peter