Pratt Hobbies okay?

Anyone else experiencing problems with Pratt Hobbies? I've got a small Kevlar order that's 11 days old and no answer from E-mails. Anyone else?

Ted Mahler

Reply to
Ted Mahler

Doug posted somewhere (here? yahoo groups?) that he had problems with his mail server recently. But I can't find the post or the alternate email. Any one else got it?

Doug?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Pratt Hobbies email problems From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com - view profile Date: Fri, Jul 21 2006 6:48 am Email: " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" Groups: rec.models.rockets

Our email at pratthobbies.com is currently down due to a problem at our domain host. Please use our alternative address, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, to get in touch with us for the next few days.

Also, over the last few weeks, the pratthobbies.com email domain has been spoofed by a spammer, apparently in Europe. There isn't much we can do about it, unfortunately. Due to this, our email has been blocked by several spam filters. If you have written to us lately and not gotten a reply, please check your spam filter and make sure we can get through.

Ain't the Internet wonderful?

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com "posted in this N/G on: Friday, July 21, 2006

Subject: "Pratt Hobbies email problems"

Body:

" Our email at pratthobbies.com is currently down due to a problem at our domain host. Please use our alternative address, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, to get in touch with us for the next few days.

Also, over the last few weeks, the pratthobbies.com email domain has been spoofed by a spammer, apparently in Europe. There isn't much we can do about it, unfortunately. Due to this, our email has been blocked by several spam filters. If you have written to us lately and not gotten a reply, please check your spam filter and make sure we can get through.

Ain't the Internet wonderful? "

The next day they posted this:

" Looks like Hostway has it working again. They've been an excellent hosting company for the last five years, so I can forgive them this glitch...but I'm still suffering email withdrawl.

In any case, the pratthobbies.com email domain seems to be back. Chewing through the replies now. Thanks for your patience. "

So you might try again, and/or try the gmail address.

Cheers!

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips
11 days does seem like a long time when your excited about getting an order in but it's not unusual for me to have to wait up to a month with some vendors depending on what I've bought. If it's a custom part then expect to wait a little bit longer then if the item is off the shelf. A lot of times vendors don't keep a huge stock of everything they make since it costs so much to do that and the rocketry hobby doesn't have a huge market to sell to.

Best thing would be to call Doug at 571-221-5820 and confirm he received your order. He's is very much into the rocketry hobby and providing good customer service and he'll take good care of you.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

I'm still around. Lots of things have conspired lately to put me behind the power curve, including the problem with the email server, the kid going to college, a ton of work at the day job, a couple of packages lost in the mail, and a much stronger response to the Universal Launch System than I anticipated. Want any more excuses? Plenty in stock!

50% of my work force is now a freshman at Northern Virginia Community College, studying mechanical engineering, and was recently promoted to management at the Starbucks where he works. I'm very proud of him.

I should have the back orders out by this weekend with the exception of the folks who have been waiting patiently for a price on 35 pound N2O tanks.

I am still in business and planning to stay that way. Especially since I seem to have the world's most patient customers.

Doug Pratt

Andrew Grippo wrote:

Reply to
pratthobbies

Talk with your ISP about adding an SPF record for your domain.

Nobody

Thank you, I'll do that. Hostway has been very good at responding quickly.

Nobody wrote:

Reply to
pratthobbies

I could use a dozen for work and home. What's the part number? :-)

Cheers, Dave Ambrose

------ Sure, "Scrum" is a weird name, but "Assault and Battery" was already taken.

Reply to
Dave Ambrose

I've found excuse generators, insult generators, BOFH, etc for my palm...

Reply to
Bob Kaplow