Evolution .46 carb size

Does anyone happen to know the exact carb size on the Evo .46? I
need the diameter of the part that actually mounts in to the engine. I
want to order a replacement carb from Perry but I need the exact size
and don't have anything that I can use to take a precise measurement.
Thanks,
Steve
Reply to
Steve
If the Evo 46 isn't listed on his web site he may know which carb it takes. Email or call him.
Once you get the number you can still order from your LHS or let Conley send it to you. I've had good service there. mk
Reply to
MJKolodziej
I was trying to order one from him and he didn't know and asked me to find out. I may wind up just pulling it off and sending it to him. Althought I"ve heard good things about the Evo engines mine is crap.
Steve
Reply to
Steve
----------
The beginners that normally buy these engines have no experience, therefore, as long as it runs a little, it's a great engine to them.
I like products from the company that makes them, so I've been curious about this line of engines. Maybe someday I'll get one at a good price. For who makes them, their current price is way too high.
Try sending yours back, if it is still within the warranty period. They may surprise you and send you a new one.
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
----------
The beginners that normally buy these engines have no experience, therefore, as long as it runs a little, it's a great engine to them.
I like products from the company that makes them, so I've been curious about this line of engines. Maybe someday I'll get one at a good price. For who makes them, their current price is way too high.
Try sending yours back, if it is still within the warranty period. They may surprise you and send you a new one.
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
6? =EF=BF=BDI
et Conley
When it runs it runs strong, it's the other 75% of the time that it completely frustrates me. I already had to go "out of the zone" to get it adjusted right the first few times I ran it (not unusual when you fly when it's near 100 with 85-90% humidity). It ran great for several flights, then the frustration started.
I'd consider sending it back if I hadn't removed the adjustment tabs on the needles to get it to run in the first place. If I were them I'd tell me "you went were you weren't supposed to go, too bad."
I've had great luck with Perry Carbs and I'm planning on just putting on of those and and flying it (one of their carbs has cured every engine problem I've had).
Since I don't have a suitable set of calipers to measure the carb, and Evo sent me back and email that said "it's half an inch" when I sent them an email (which I doubt really means .500 inches) next week I'll just pull it off and send it to Perry and ask him to send me one back the same size.
Thanks, Steve
Reply to
Steve
.46? =EF=BF=BDI
let Conley
What kind of fuel are you using? Evo's are really picky about that. They seem to run best on 10% nitro full synthetic. Also try an OS-8 glow plug. That has solved problems for me in the past. Good luck!
Mark
Reply to
Mark Eastman
o .46? =EF=BF=BDI
or let Conley
I've been using Powemaster 15%, synthetic/castor mix. I am hesitant to change since that is the fuel I sue in all my planes and I'd rather keep some uniformity. When it ran it ran good, for a few weeks at a time, then it would crap out. I'd paly with the carb and get it running again and ti'd run ok, again for a week or two. I'm just tired of messing with it, and since I've had such good results with the Perry's I don't feel the need to mess with the Evo any longer. If, for some reason, the Perry doesn't cure it's ills then I'll just give up on it (and sell it on ebay as "only used a few times" like everyone else trying to unload their junk!!)
Steve
Reply to
Steve
Sounds like you might have a piece of crud floating around in your tank. I had a plane once with a sliver of plastic from the tank mold line loose inside the tank. It would be rich, so I'd lean it and it would run great. Then it would be lean so I'd richen it again. Then it would go rich....
I caught on after a while and cleaned out the tank. I figured the piece of plastic was getting sucked up on the clunk intermittently. Maybe you should check your tank.
Reply to
Robert Reynolds
I gave that a shot and it didn't seem to help. I also considered the normal gremlins of tank height, etc. I switched engines, no other changes, and it works fine now.
The carb is in the mail to Conley right now, I'm sure something better will come back...
Thanks, Steve
Reply to
Steve
You're joking of course? :-0
I've been using Powemaster 15%, synthetic/castor mix. I am hesitant to change since that is the fuel I sue in all my planes and I'd rather keep some uniformity. When it ran it ran good, for a few weeks at a time, then it would crap out. I'd paly with the carb and get it running again and ti'd run ok, again for a week or two. I'm just tired of messing with it, and since I've had such good results with the Perry's I don't feel the need to mess with the Evo any longer. If, for some reason, the Perry doesn't cure it's ills then I'll just give up on it (and sell it on ebay as "only used a few times" like everyone else trying to unload their junk!!)
Steve
Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Site Timeline