Re: O.S. FT 120 Gemini carb

Try Tower Hobbies engine services -- they probably have one available

Hello, > I need a carb for an O.S. FT 120 Gemini twin engine. This is the original > one, not the Gemini II. I need to find a carb or at least get a number off > of one or some close up pics of the carb. I got the engine without the carb > and don't even know what it should look like. Any help on this would be > greatly appreciated. > > Mark
Reply to
Lyman Slack

Type FT-120 Code No. 46081029 Fits Cemini From 1988 O.S. Engines carburetor book

hth

J.D. to e-mail, pull the post

Reply to
J.D.

The part number for the FT120 carb is 46081029. It's a twin-needle carburator with a small intake. Since the engine is quite old, and Tower Hobbies no longer has parts for it, I suggest that you measure the size of the opening for it, and try to find a reasonable alternate. Perry carbs can be cut to almost any size, so that might be a good choice. OS does provide measurements of its current carbs on its web site, so you might just find a modern replacement. However, if you do, you might need to restrict the throat in order to get it to draw fuel or use a Perry pump for fuel delevery. Most modern carbs are designed with larger throats for higher power output.

Jim - AMA 501383

Mark wrote: > Hello, I need a carb for an O.S. FT 120 Gemini twin engine. This is > the original one, not the Gemini II. I need to find a carb or at > least get a number off of one or some close up pics of the carb. I > got the engine without the carb and don't even know what it should > look like. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. >

Reply to
James D Jones

Lyman, Thanks for the help, but Tower says they can only provide the replacemant for the Gemini II. Mine is the original Gemini.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Mark --

You might check out the carb for the still being manufactured Gemini

1.6; it might fit. Mine "looks" the same..

Cheers -- Lyman

Reply to
Lyman Slack

I am on the right track!!! I have found that the carb for an FP 40 will fit exactly and mount tightly. I may look into what a carb for an LA 46 might would work like. Maybe more performance than the 40 FP carb. Thanks for all the help and info.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Unfortunately, that carb is an air-bleed type. I don't know why you don't just buy the Perry carb for the 40 FP. Like I said before, they can be provided for almost any engine. They are reliable twin-needle types. Now that you are certain of the size, the rest is easy. They are a Varsane product. (no connection to me)

Jim - AMA 501383

Mark wrote: > I am on the right track!!! I have found that the carb for an FP 40 > will fit exactly and mount tightly. I may look into what a carb for > an LA 46 might would work like. Maybe more performance than the 40 > FP carb. Thanks for all the help and info. >

Reply to
James D Jones