Metal gear servos !!

Pros ? cons ?
Thx for any help.

Metal gears are stronger, BUT, they do wear out so you need to keep an eye on the gear play.

Is there anyway I can slow down the wear on the gears?
Would you say that metal gear servos last longer then non metal servers?
Just to tell the story. I have been flying for a little over 4 years now. I have got way past the training phase. But I crashed my world models P-51 lol. It was stupid I was inverted about 10 feet off from the runway and pulled the stick the wrong way. But lesson learned :)
But now the only plane that I have to fly Is my trainer. Its a PT-40 with about 300 flights on it. I have gone through 2 sets of tires on it and wore out a O.S. 40 LA. So I put my O.S. 50 FX on it :) and man that thing moved good. I went flying a few days ago. Was doing great, I came out of this fast dive pulled out of it and went in to a fast bank. The plane went into the bank an never came out, and crashed pretty hard. I lost the plane.
After getting the plane, some ppl at the LAF and I were looking over the plane. We found that the alliron servo gears stripped. It was the standard Futaba 3004. That I got when I bought the plane.
So I am looking into metal gear servos to see, if this might fix that problem.....
Plz forgive spelling/grammar I never was good at writing.
Thx for the help again.

But then again I have seen aileron flutter destroy a servo in seconds.
Cheers -- \__________Lyman Slack_________/ \______AMA6430 IMAA1564___/ \____Flying Gators R/C______/ \__Gainesville FL _________/ Visit my Web Site at: http://www.LymanSlack.com

standard
Ok thanks all for the help. After thinking about it your probably right, it was probably flutter then crash damage. O well not to upset about the plane you couldn't ask for more from a trainer :)