bit off topic but..........

Afternoon all

I have just been offered what is thought to be a small threshing machine

- its from a university genetics department that used to do very small scale crop trials. I am led to believe it works although I doubt it has been used for yonks. I haven't actually seen it in person as yet but have a photo of it which I can forward to anyone who may be interested. I'd put it online but don't have anywhere I can easily put the image at the moment. You can see a logo on the side but its too low res to make it out.

Just to put its size into perspective, judging by other items in the photo i would think it is no more than about 4 foot tall and two foot square maximum.

I am going to go and take a look at it in the next day or so to try and get some more info on it - like a makers name at least!

Does this tickle anyones fancy here?

There is also a floor standing belt sander (400v) that will be looking for a new home.

These items are located in Cambridge a few minutes away from CB3 0DL

regards

Dudley

REMOVE 'THE OBVIOUS' TO REPLY!

Reply to
Dudley Simons

Is this a machine made specifically for a laboratory? Glen Creston is one company that made machines specially for laboratories, although I'm unsure if they made threshing machines. I have a small Glen Creston grinder that I use for coffee beans, and it's the best small grinder I've seen. Very well made. A thresher is probably more than I can accommodate, though I might find room for another small grinder.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Speaking in ignorance of the machine being discussed, it might be a seed cleaner/separator.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

should have added that this is not an ancient belt drive thresher but a 'modern' electric one

regards

Dudley

Dudley Sim> Afternoon all

Reply to
Dudley Simons

Oddly enough, I worked on a research farm just outside Cambridge for a bit (but nothing to do with the uni) - a lot of the equipment was probably 1960s. The seed separator was deafening and had absolutely no safety features whatsoever :-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson