x-section question

I have a cross section problem. How can I have the cross section indicating arrows on the outside of the part? I can't drag them.

Reply to
dlevy

I'm assuming you mean you're making a section view on a drawing and want the arrows to point 180 degrees from where they are pointing. If you double click either end of the arrow, it should flip direction. May need a rebuild or ctrlQ to refresh the view.

Reply to
matt

Direction of the arrows is not the problem. It is a section view on a drawing.

To create a cross section view I have to select the ends of the part and it generates a line through the part. The arrows generated indicating the view direction of the section are inside the left and right boundaries of the part. I would like the arrows outside of the part.

Cross sectional drawings should have the arrows indicating the direction of view *outside* of the part. Outside meaning to the left and to the right of the ends of the part.

Reply to
dlevy

I am pretty sure I understand your problem. When you click on the end of the part, you are creating automatic contraints to the ends of your section line and the part. If you freehand a line, then create your own constraints ( leaving endpoints free to move ), and preselect the line prior to selecting section view, it will use your line. You can then drag the endpoints of the line and position to your liking, the section view annotations will follow.

Reply to
Brian

Thanks! (I bet you have a cool job - I ride motocross)

Reply to
dlevy

If you want to edit the existing section line instead of deleting and making a new one, you can right click on the section line and "Edit Sketch" and remove the constraints on the endpoints of the line manually.

Also, you could just draw the line originally without clicking on the edges of the part which is why the constraints are there.

Reply to
matt

Thanks, Matt.

Reply to