Some basic help with spline paths

I am triing to work with a spline path, I think this is the right direction but may not be, to create a bent wire spring drawing. Here is what im trying to do I have a spring wire that goes out straight for 1 inch then bends back at 30 degrees and comes back over its self. Looks like the edge of a 30 degree draftsmans angle but instead of the sharp point it is curved down at the point of the angle. The wire is 0.020 inches in diameter. I drew the initial path I wanted as a set of lines that are connected. How do I get the circle that is the wire diameter to follow this during an extrude? Thank you for the help with this.

Reply to
Cliff Schuring

Use a Sweep feature. Put the circle on a plane perpendicular to the end of the spline.

Reply to
matt

FYI on creating the plane, select the spline and one end point of the spline. Then goto reference geometry and select planes.

Reply to
SWX-VAR-JP