[SOLVED] Flatten Spline

I need to be able to flatten an extrusion defined by a spline. This will be used to create a manufacturing template used to construct a light reflector. The curve of the reflector is defined by a spline. The final reflector will be faceted as it revolves around the bulb and a continuous cure defined by a spline looking at the side view. Solidwork's sheetmetal flatten seems to not like splines. Is there some way to work around this. It doesnt need to be sheetmetal. I just need to create a drawing of the flattened spline curve extrusion. When flattened properly the edges of the extrusion will be curved. Getting that curve onto a drawing is the ultimate goal.

Reply to
Bill Jones

Check out "Lofted Bends" in Help. It can flatten a spline.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Thanks Mike, worked perfect.