Trim to a Spline

i got a spline with lines passing through it, i need to trim these lines
using the spline as the cutting edge, when I do this I have to zoom right
into the intersection and trim the segment closest to the spline because for
some reason it doesn't recognise the spline as 1 entity, if I selecet the
line in the middle it only takes away a tiny segment of it. If you actually
understood that could you please tell me if there is a lisp or command I can
use that trims to splines? I'm using AutoCAD 2005.
Thanks in advance
Reply to
Remo Shiva
Here it works fine to trim to a spline (ACAD 2005, SP1). Can you send me an example file?
Juergen
Reply to
Jürgen Palme
is ur spline relatively straight? cos i find the more curves it has the more segmented the lines cutting through it will be during triming.
If it works for you and not for me then there must be a system variable for it. anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Reply to
Remo Shiva
Are you really dealing with a SPLINE object, or rather a splined POLYLINE? If the latter, I suspect that you have EDGEMODE set to 1. Try setting it to 0 (off) and I think your problem will go away. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
cheers m8, ye i always have edgemode on 1, works fine now.
isn't a splined polyline still a spline? :)
thanks alot, u saved me alot of time anyway
Reply to
Remo Shiva
No. In fact, they are quite different, both mathematically and in terms of the way AutoCAD processes them. The EDGEMODE variable, for example, has no effect when trimming to a true SPLINE object. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill