HELP ON MAKING A SPLINE OUT OF A POINT LIST

I am trying to make a program that will automatically draw gears based on basic parameters fed to it and I've come across a problem. Now that I have a point list, how can I make a spline out of it. What I'm doing now is very convoluted, I am setting up a selection set and a loop that will draw a segment of the line for each loop and add it to that selection set After that I use the pedit command to join the line segments and convert them into a spline.

Also has anybody had problems with trying to use trim through Autolisp, sometimes the trim works and sometimes it doesn't (check that out for yourself) Even though the point I feed it resides on a line that I want to trim nothing happens.

Thank You

This is a bit of code from the lisp file

;======================================== DRAWING THE CURVE

(setq curv (ssadd)) ; CREATE A CURVE HOLDING SELECTION SET (setq index 0) (repeat (length endpoints) ; WILL MAKE A WHOLE BUNCH OF LINE SEGMENTS, AND ADD EACH OF THEM TO THE CURV SELECTION SET (command ".line" (nth index endpoints) ; GET THE CURRENT ENDPOINT AS THE START OF THE LINE (nth (1+ index) endpoints); GET THE NEXT ENDPOINT AS THE EP OF THE LINE "" ) (ssadd (entlast) curv) ; ADD THE LAST CREATED LINE TO THE SELECTION SET (setq index (1+ index)) )

(cond ( (> bc rd) ; IF THE BASE CIRCLE IS LESS THAN THE ROOT DIAMETER (command ".line" (last endpoints) ; START FROM THE END OF THE INVOLUTE (polar center (: 0) (/ rd 2.0)) ; AND TO THE ROOT DIAMETER "" ) (ssadd (entlast) curv) ; ADD THE LAST ENTITY CREATED TO THE CURV SS ) ) (command ".pedit" "m" curv "" "y" "j" "" "s" "") ; CONVERT THE LINES GRABBED IN THE SELECTION SET INTO A SPLINE USING THE POLYLINE EDIT COMMAND (COMMAND ".CIRCLE" center "d" rd) ; CREATE THE ROOT DIAMETER TO TRIM THE CURVE TO

(command ".trim" ; TRIM THE INVOLUTE CURVE UP THE ROOT DIAMETER (polar center (: 13.45) (/ rd 2.0)) "" (last endpoints) "" )

Reply to
A.r.a.k.h.N.i.d.e.F

"A.r.a.k.h.N.i.d.e.F" wrote in news:Xns9484C7737C29AMYEMAILBongcom@24.168.128.86:

by the way sorry for the caps heading didn't notice it until now.

Reply to
A.r.a.k.h.N.i.d.e.F

do a google search for autogear.lsp & save your time for better things

Reply to
Alan Williamson