Unable to flatten bends in sheet metal part

Hi all,
Getting the following error when trying to flatten bends in a sheet
metal part:
Error Flatten-Bends5 This part contains features that cannot be
unbent.
Part was created as a solid and then converted to sheet metal part.
Looks uniform thickness to me. If you need to look at the file let me
know.
Thanks,
Daivd
Reply to
david
Did you make any cuts in it? Make sure that all faces are proper and not slicing at an angle to the thickness.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Thanks Wayne, Sorted now. The problem was due to large fillet added late in process that sat over the top of a fillet derived from an earlier surface cut. Took a bit of finding. Had to supress items back through the history tree bit by bit and try to unfold at various stages to see what was causing it to not unfold. Thanks for the post anyway. Regards, David
Reply to
david
Something that I always teach when working with SW sheet metal is to get into the habit of hitting the flatten button often. It sits on the toolbar, is easy to do, and lets you know right away when you have a problem, rather than finding out maybe days later that something at the top of the tree kills the flatten. I hit it pretty much after every major change. Oh, don't forget to save in there also. :-)
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Great advice Wayne, you have earned a gold star! lol
Reply to
pete
Hi Wayne, Thanks for the tip! Regards, David
Reply to
david