Unable to flatten bends in sheet metal part

Hi all, Getting the following error when trying to flatten bends in a sheet metal part: Error Flatten-Bends5 This part contains features that cannot be unbent. Part was created as a solid and then converted to sheet metal part. Looks uniform thickness to me. If you need to look at the file let me know. Thanks, Daivd

Reply to
david

Did you make any cuts in it? Make sure that all faces are proper and not slicing at an angle to the thickness.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks Wayne, Sorted now. The problem was due to large fillet added late in process that sat over the top of a fillet derived from an earlier surface cut. Took a bit of finding. Had to supress items back through the history tree bit by bit and try to unfold at various stages to see what was causing it to not unfold. Thanks for the post anyway. Regards, David

Reply to
david

Something that I always teach when working with SW sheet metal is to get into the habit of hitting the flatten button often. It sits on the toolbar, is easy to do, and lets you know right away when you have a problem, rather than finding out maybe days later that something at the top of the tree kills the flatten. I hit it pretty much after every major change. Oh, don't forget to save in there also. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Great advice Wayne, you have earned a gold star! lol

Reply to
pete

Hi Wayne, Thanks for the tip! Regards, David

Reply to
david