Sheet Metal Absurdity Message - This bend is not associated with the model and can be deleted.

Hi Folks.

Does anyone here have any idea why we have this absurd message on errored out bends that no longer exist in the model?

"This bend is not associated with the model and can be deleted."

I don't understand why the program cannot do what seem like garbage collection and delete the "leftover".

Anyone ever bring this up to a VAR or make an ER?

I'm modeling a part here and this popped up twice. I'm laughing as I say "hey lazy program, that's your job . . ."

Does this one strike anyone else as absurd?

Regards,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

SMA,

This error could occur if you create a part with all of its features, but then do a cut-extrude which wipes out a bend completely. When you flatten it, SolidWorks gives you that error message.

It does seem like an "absurd" error, but if you have configurations where that last cut extrude is usuppressed, that bend is back again and if you deleted that "bend " in the flatten bends category, that bend will no longer flatten.

To me, I would rather see the error which makes me aware of what is going on then just have SolidWorks delete it.

Make more sense now?

Todd

Reply to
Todd