sheet metal bend radius property

I'd like to use the sheet metal bend radius as a property to drive some
information on drawings. Any ideas on how to call it up in a note? or
for that matter, can it be driven in a design table?
Thanks for any help.
Reply to
Diego
I'd like to use the sheet metal bend radius as a property to drive some information on drawings. Any ideas on how to call it up in a note? or for that matter, can it be driven in a design table?
Thanks for any help.
Reply to
Diego
I'd like to use the sheet metal bend radius as a property to drive some information on drawings. Any ideas on how to call it up in a note? or for that matter, can it be driven in a design table?
Thanks for any help.
Reply to
Diego
We put the bend radius inside of the model as a custom property (Bend_Radius). In the drawing, its referenced with $PRPSHEET:"Bend_Radius"
We put the bend radius inside of the model as a custom property (Bend_Radius). In the drawing, its referenced with $PRPSHEET:"Bend_Radius"
We put the bend radius inside of the model as a custom property (Bend_Radius). In the drawing, its referenced with $PRPSHEET:"Bend_Radius"
(hehe)
Reply to
SW Monkey
Thanks. Can you then drive the radius in the sheet metal definition thru this custom property, such as in a design table, or when a part has multiple bend radii?
(and yes i get it - sorry about the multiple post)
Diego
Reply to
Diego
Yes.
Goto the File -> Properties -> Custom Add choose a name for the bend radius (Bend_Radius in my case) Next, click on the Value field, then double click the Sheetmetal feature in the model. You will see the bend radius value. Click on it.
Now you bend radius is linked to the custom property.
Reply to
SW Monkey
Diego,
You can not drive the radius from the custom property. All this does is link the value of the radius to that custom property.
Reply to
SWX-VAR-JP
Hi Diego -
I've been following this one for a while and there a few ways that I can find to use the radius (and other data) from a sheet metal model.
I made a model / drawing / design table example that might be useful. It shows some of the ways in which a model can drive notes (not exclusive to sheet metal, but this also shows how a sheet metal part can be a "variational" family part - modulating things like bend angle, thickness and form radius & then report them in a drawing).
I hope that it helps:
Later,
SMA
Reply to