Export to DWG result in polylines instead of ellipses.

I use SW 2005sp4 and tried to export to a dwg file, but AutoCAD receives a polyline where there should had been an ellipse, are there any settings for
this? Or is it a normal SW behaviour.
Regards Peder
In my experience that's normal SW behavior. The SaveAs function does not seem to recognize anything but lines and arcs . . . anything other than those are converted to polylines.
'Sporky'
New to SW wrote:

Been that way since time immemorial. I think the reverse is true to.

Are splines exported as polylines, too? Is there an acad version variable that can be set? There wasn't any other way to represent a spline prior to acad r14 or so.

If you export a polyline acad gets an ellipse? <G>
lackluster wrote:

No, an ellipse in ACAD is imported as a polyline into SW.
All kidding aside, if, in SW you select the polylines only, you can convert them into a spline and delete the polylines in one operation.
In the Solidworks drawing view, right click on sketch that was used to create ellipse, select "show".
Upon exporting you will get 2 objects directly on top of one another. one pline and one ellipse.

for
Thanks, it is a model with cuts in a cylinders, I need the 2D ellipse in AutoCAD and sort I could export the drawing.