Export to DWG result in polylines instead of ellipses.

I use SW 2005sp4 and tried to export to a dwg file, but AutoCAD receives a polyline where there should had been an ellipse, are there any settings for this? Or is it a normal SW behaviour.

Regards Peder

Reply to
New to SW

In my experience that's normal SW behavior. The SaveAs function does not seem to recognize anything but lines and arcs . . . anything other than those are converted to polylines.

'Sporky'

New to SW wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Been that way since time immemorial. I think the reverse is true to.

Reply to
TOP

Are splines exported as polylines, too? Is there an acad version variable that can be set? There wasn't any other way to represent a spline prior to acad r14 or so.

If you export a polyline acad gets an ellipse?

Reply to
lackluster

In the Solidworks drawing view, right click on sketch that was used to create ellipse, select "show".

Upon exporting you will get 2 objects directly on top of one another. one pline and one ellipse.

Reply to
remy martin

No, an ellipse in ACAD is imported as a polyline into SW.

All kidding aside, if, in SW you select the polylines only, you can convert them into a spline and delete the polylines in one operation.

Reply to
TOP

"New to SW" skrev i en meddelelse news:43a7164d$0$12399$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp02.dk.telia.net...

Thanks, it is a model with cuts in a cylinders, I need the 2D ellipse in AutoCAD and sort I could export the drawing.

Reply to
New to SW