how to have object data in the dwg file

Hi Gurus,
This is my first post in this group. I am new to Autocad.
My requirement is , I want to have nongraphic information for each
feature drawn in the dwg file
Say my dwg file has some electrical conductors, so there should be one
table say "Conductor" with fields "Type","material", "length"
Now I should be able to add the data for the static features which
doesnt have this information.
also i should be able to review and add data while digitizing.
Most importantly, no external database(oracle,msaccess) should be
involved, this data model and information should stay with the dwg
file itself.
How to achive these task.Does it need any application development..
Any codes will be really needed.
Also this kind of feature is available in Autocad MAP. But I want it
in Normal Autocad software.
Kindly let me know.
Thanks
Vijay
Reply to
vijaysam
Sounds like you're describing BLOCKS with ATTRIBUTES.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich