Holiday Greetings from Charlotte, North Carolina

For all you dudes and dudettes: Peace and goodwill toward men

Sporkman

Merry Xmas to you and your family Sporkman, I look forward to your postings in the new year.

And a Merry Xmas to everyone else who contributes here.

John Layne

(click the link if you like Dean Martin and have broadband)

Reply to
John Layne

Thanks Spork,

Merry Christmas to you and yours! And Merry Christmas to all other news groupers as well.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Merry Xmas to you all

No pictures of Snow Sporky?

Its still mild here in Cornwall - took this pic a couple of weeks ago

Large file 1.8mb

TTFN

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Jonathan,

Is that a palm tree in England?

Reply to
TOP

Sporkman

Paul & Sporky

Of course its a palm tree :-) The Gulf Stream is the equivalent of

1,000,000 nuclear power stations (if I remember my geography lessons) so we have a very mild climate here, even though Britain is approximately the same latitude as Hudson Bay !! Slide us around the globe and that is where we neatly fit in.

Some parts of the West Coast of Scotland also get the tail end of the Gulf Stream and they also have palms and banana trees.

I even have a a couple of Banana trees dotted about but its not warm enough in the summer for actual bannanas !! Plus I cheated a bit and selected a variaty from the Himalayas, but people grow other stuff

This is close by and so was Trevanson House where I took that pic.

islands are the extreme end of Cornwall and show the power of the Gulf stream.

Unfortunately oceanographers predict that global warming will have an opposite effect on the British Isles. As the caps melt, the cold fresh water will tend to push the current further south and may even turn it off completely - then we will be in woolly mammoth territory .

In the summer

at St Ives, Carbis Bay - Its a prison, as the water is still cold and I don't have the physique :-) to wear a wet suit ! and now we have sharks off shore !! Panic !! this year was the first sighting of Mako and last year a couple of Great White along with the usual basking sharks and dolphins. We even occasionally get the odd Turtle washed ashore and if its alive, they put it on a plane asap and take it south.

Any way the start of the day

TTFN

Jonathan

jjs

Merry Christmas, to all! (Or chappy Chanukah, or a pleasant whatever holiday floats your boat.)

Jerry Steiger

Hey, I'm finally out of here for the year! Merry Christmas to all, and I'll be back next year.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Sporkman" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@bigfootDOT.com...

Joyeux Noel to North Carolina (special thoughts there) and to the whole world. Peace on all of us.

JM

Reply to
Jean Marc