Sheet metal and forming tools

1.. Open a sheet metal part, and browse to the folder in the Design Library with forming tools. 2.. Drag the forming tool from the Design Library to the face you want to deform

But when I drag forming tool on my sheet metal part I get msgBox :

Are you trying to make a derived part? Yes, No,

If I click YES then SW starts Insert Part process and creates new solid body

Answer NO just opens the forming tool file

Am I missing something here?

Ps .

I'm on 2007

Reply to
mr.T

with forming tools.

Cross-Break tutorial should help you understand how to use/modify/create form tool.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

with forming tools.

Yes, right click the folder containing the forming tools and select "Forming tools folder", this will allow you to use the library feature as a forming tool. Now try to drag and drop the forming tool onto a sheetmetal part.

Reply to
tnewton76

Cool !!

It worked